- are certified by their School Principal as belonging to the upper 10% of their class or as having special aptitude in Science and Mathematics as supported by report card and letter of recommendation;
- are in good health and fit to undergo rigorous academic program;
- are Filipino citizens with no pending application for immigrant status in any foreign country;
- are born on or after June 1, 1999;
- are of good conduct and behavior; and
- have not taken the PSHS-National Competitive Examination previously.
- Fully accomplished application forms in duplicate copies;
- Two (2) identical recent 1 x 1 ID pictures;
- Non-refundable test fee of P100 for students from private schools only (free for public school students); and
- Copy of report card and letter of recommendation if the applicant does not belong to the upper 10% of the current graduating class.
Application Forms are available at all DOST regional offices and Provincial S&T Centers, PSHS campuses and DepEd Division Offices. The forms can also be downloaded from www.pshs.edu.ph. Application forms and other requirements can be submitted to the PSHS-Registrar’s Office in Diliman, or to any Regional PSHS Campuses, or to the DOST regional offices and Provincial S&T Centers. The Eastern Samar Provincial S&T Center is located at the ESSU campus, Borongan, E. Samar. Deadline for filing of applications is on August 2, 2013 (Friday) and the examination will be conducted on September 28, 2013 (Saturday) at the Eastern Samar National Comprehensive High School (ESNCHS), Borongan City, Eastern Samar.
The Philippine Science High School System is one of the attached agencies of the DOST contributing to the expansion and development of the country’s scientific and technological manpower. The PSHS has eight campuses nationwide, one of which is the Eastern Visayas Campus located in Candahug, Palo, Leyte. For more information, you may visit the DOST–E. Samar Provincial S&T Center, or call telephone number (055) 261-2664.