Two scholarship programs are being offered:
- RA 7687 S&T Scholarship Program, for applicants whose family’s socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators (i.e. annual family gross income < P156,600.00); and
- DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, for applicants whose family’s socio-economic status exceeds the set values of certain indicators. A non-refundable test fee of P200.00 is required.
- belong to the graduating class of an identified S&T Oriented High School (ESNCHS and Dolores National High School); or belong to top 5% of the graduating class of other high schools, or at least have a good grades in Science and Math;
- be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- be in good health and of good moral character;
- and pass the S&T Scholarship Examination.
- Fully accomplished Application Forms (Forms A - G);
- Two (2) recent 1” x 1” photographs, taken within the month of application;
- Photocopy of 2013 Income Tax Return (ITR) of both working parents (or guardian) or BIR Certification of Exemption from Non-Filing of ITR or Municipal/Barangay Certification of Unemployment, whichever is applicable;
- Clear photocopy of Birth or Baptismal Certificate ;
- Clear photocopy of electric bills for three (3) consecutive months (preferably May, June and July 2014), registered to a family-member or duly-certified by a barangay official that the bills are paid by the family (for bills registered to a non-household member), or barangay certification of no electric connection from ESAMELCO, whichever is applicable;
- Test fee of P200.00 (for DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship applicants only)
The application forms and brochure can be obtained from the DOST-E. Samar Provincial S&T Center, DepEd Division Office and Office of the School Principals in all public and private high schools in the province. The same forms can be downloaded from the following websites: www.sei.dost.gov.ph and www.science-scholarships.ph.
Accomplished application forms and other requirements must be submitted to the DOST–E. Samar Provincial Science & Technology Center, DOST Bldg., ESSU Compound, Borongan City, Eastern Samar on or before August 22, 2014 (Friday). The examination will be held on September 21, 2014 (Sunday) at two (2) Testing Centers: the Eastern Samar State University (ESSU), Borongan Campus for schools from Arteche to Llorente and Eastern Samar State University (ESSU), Salcedo Campus for Hernani to Guiuan and Lawaan to Quinapondan areas.
For more information, please visit our office or call/text us using mobile numbers 0918 515 9990 or 0905 409 5539.